Which soap is right for me?
The best soap for your skin depends - on your skin. Our two primary objectives for our soaps is to 1) cleanse, and 2) moisturize. All of our soaps have ingredients specifically designed to do both of these in different proportions. For example, our Lavender Tea Tree has moisturizing ingredients (African shea butter, coconut oil), however I categorize it as a deeply cleansing because of its astringent ingredients (tea tree oil, activated charcoal). We recommend Lavender Tea Tree for individuals with skin that contains or produces high oil content [athletes, teens, peoples from Mediterranean countries etc.]. On the other hand, our goat milk blends have cleansing and exfoliating properties, but are highly moisturizing because of the goats milk. For example, the oatmeal in our Oatmeal Honey, is ground to a specific consistency so that you feel the exfoliation without being abrasive.
So, to make a long story longer, I suggest:
- Cleansing leaning soaps: Citrus blends, Lavender Tea Tree
- My favorites:
- Cranberry Spice because the simultaneous exfoliating/moisturizing qualities of the Jojoba beads, and because the avocado oil is also great for the hair. http://www.lexingtonsoaps.com/Cranberry-Spice-BCCS.htm
- Cucumber Melon because the cucumber is especially cleansing for the face and below the eyes. http://www.lexingtonsoaps.com/Cucumber-Melon-BCCM.htm
- Moisturizing leaning soaps: Goats Milk blends, Herbal blends, Almond Joy, Jasmine Sandalwood, Sandalwood.
- My favorites:
- Almond Joy: the cocoa butter is incredibly moisturizing; there is a definite chocolate fragrance in the shower, but coconut is what remains on the skin. http://www.lexingtonsoaps.com/Almond-Joy-BWAJ.htm
- Ocean Rain: If you like the ocean, this is your soap, because the kelp powder deeply exfoliates, and also has that slightly salty ocean scent. http://www.lexingtonsoaps.com/Ocean-Rain-BHOR.htm
- Sandalwood, Jasmine Sandalwood: I generally prefer Woodsy scents, but the Jasmine Sandalwood is a wonderfully relaxing Friday/Saturday night bath (as opposed to the weekday morning/shower) soap
- Popular Florals include:
- Lavender (we include our home grown lavender to the lavender bud mix to get the right fragrance and exfoliation) http://www.lexingtonsoaps.com/Lavender-BFL.htm
- Violets are Blue: If you like flowers this is the soap for you - extraordinarily fragrant. http://www.lexingtonsoaps.com/Violets-are-Blue-BFVB.htm